Due to the virtual nature of the meeting, handling of poster material at the MEMS 2021 Conference is different from an in-person meeting. Posters (and associated video presentations) will need to be uploaded prior to the conference so that all material is online before the conference starts.
All submitted Open Posters must be the ACTUAL poster that you intend to display at the conference in PDF format, landscape layout (A0 - Landscape).
15 December 2020
23:59 Hawaii Standard Time (HST)
Your E-Poster PDF file must
- be A0 - Landscape 1189 mm wide x 841 mm tall (46.8 inches x 33.1 inches)
- be a single page
- have a maximum resolution of 300 ppi
- have a maximum file size of 20 MB
- not be password protected
- be saved to open to "fit page" size (in Acrobat: Preferences - Page Display - Page Layout - Zoom - Fit Page)
- have the title of your paper at the top of your poster in CAPITAL letters. Below the title, place the authors' names and affiliations. The title should be minimum 72-point font size, with authors and affiliations at 50-point font minimum. We recommend you use a sans-serif typeface (i.e. Arial, Helvetica, Calibri).
- not have multimedia content (video/animation) included in the PDF poster as we cannot guarantee the compatibility of our digital platform with all types of browsers and operating systems.
When planning a poster presentation, it is useful to keep in mind the advantages of a poster over a podium presentation. Posters will be available for viewing throughout the entire online conference. Use text sparingly, and use pictures, cartoons, and figures wherever possible. Make your poster as self-explanatory as possible, so that you have time for in-depth technical discussions. Therefore, keep text to a necessary minimum, emphasize graphics, and make sure every item is necessary.
You have the freedom to design the poster as long as you follow the above guidelines.
Any program may be used to create your poster as long as the final file is a PDF.